What is NAEYC accreditation? The National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, located in Washington, D.C. administers a voluntary, professional review, and accreditation system for all types of preschools, child care centers, kindergartens, and school-age childcare programs that have been found to be in substantial compliance with their "Criteria for High-Quality Early Childhood Programs."
In accredited programs, you will find the following:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions between teachers and children.
- Specially trained and high qualified teachers.
- Enough teachers to respond to individual children, keeping a low student - teacher ratio.
- Many varied age-appropriate materials.
- A healthy and safe environment for children.
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times.
- Effective administration.
- Ongoing and systematic evaluations.
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children's age and development; such as block building, painting, reading stories,dress-up play and active outdoor play.
- Nutrious meals and/or snacks.
At NAEYC- accredited schools, parents can be assured that their children are in good hands. This special accreditation represents Circle of Friends Preschool's comm